IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Films
IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Films
- What films do you like?
- Did you often watch films when you were a child?
- Did you ever go to the cinema alone as a child?
- Do you often go to the cinema with your friends?
- Do you think going to the cinema is a good way to spend time with friends?
1. What films do you like?
- I have a preference for science fiction movies, both from local and international cinema. They are quite popular among our generation, and I enjoy how they create unique universes that offer different perspectives on humanity. Watching these films is a great way to relax.
- I enjoy a wide variety of movies, from Sci-Fi to action films. I’ve watched the entire Star Wars saga. I also enjoy both local and foreign movies. However, I sometimes don’t connect with the comedy from other countries; it’s not my cup of tea.
2. Did you often watch films when you were a child?
- Yes, I watched films quite frequently when I was a child. Back then, I would watch at least 2 to 3 films per month, which was relatively high compared to my peers during that time. My parents are cinephiles, so that played a role in my early exposure to films.
- I didn’t have the opportunity to watch movies frequently during my childhood my parents are a bit strict so I have limited TV time. When it comes to movies, we rarely go out as it is quite far and we mostly just watch movies online at home.
3. Did you ever go to the cinema alone as a child?
- Due to the remote location of the cinema, I didn’t have the chance to go to the movies alone as a child. My visits to the cinema only began during my teenage years.
- In my country, parents are generally uncomfortable leaving their children unattended, and I believe that the staff would also discourage me from entering the premises alone. Therefore, I haven’t had that kind of experience.
4. Do you often go to the cinema with your friends?
- Occasionally, I go to the cinema with friends, especially when there’s a highly popular movie. However, most of the time, we prioritize our academics over leisure activities.
- Yes, I do, especially in recent years. My friends and I make an effort to go to the cinema together at least twice a month. It’s a fantastic way for us to have fun and bond, and we usually set aside our weekends for this activity.
5. Do you think going to the cinema is a good way to spend time with friends?
- Going to the cinema can be a great way to spend time with friends. It offers an opportunity to share a common experience, and after the movie, we can head to a café and have more discussions.
- At the moment, I don’t think there’s much more we can do because we can watch movies at home. We can grab a snack or even barbecue at home, and we can chat and pause the movie if we want. This way, we can make the most of our hangout time.
Check my other blogs
Ian Tanpiuco is an ESL and virtual assistant. With a decade of experience, he has become an expert in his field. Dedicated to helping others achieve their goals, Ian works tirelessly in the classroom or as a virtual assistant.