IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Dreams and Ambition
IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Dream and Ambition
- What was your childhood dream?
- Are you the kind of person who sticks to dreams?
- What is your dream job?
- Do you think you are an ambitious person?
1. What was your childhood dream?
- When I was young, I admired those people on TV, so I imagined myself becoming an actor someday. I had a passion for playing various roles, from action and kung fu to portraying different characters and working in front of a camera.
- During my childhood, I had various dreams, but one that stands out is my dream of becoming a TV broadcaster. This dream began when I was 8 years old, after seeing TV reporters in action, and I instantly fell in love with the idea.
2. Are you the kind of person who sticks to dreams?
- In some sense, I’ve had to adapt my dreams. Coming from a place where achieving stardom is very difficult, I decided to pursue a career in computer science. However, my dream of performing is still there, although it’s not a top priority.
- I believe I am the type of person who sticks to my dreams, as I did manage to achieve my childhood dream of becoming a broadcaster. While I’ve fulfilled that dream, I still have other aspirations I’d like to pursue. To work towards them, I engage in various exercises to build the skills needed to achieve my goals.
3. What is your dream job?
- My dream job is to work in a corporate setting. With my earnings, I’d love to participate in theater acting or make an independent movie. I want to direct and act in my own film to showcase my talent in acting.
- Although I initially wanted to be a broadcaster, my dream job now is to become a doctor. I believe this career would allow me to make a significant difference in people’s lives, and it feels like a better fit for me. If given the chance to change my decision, I would choose to become a doctor.
4. Do you think you are an ambitious person?
- I would say that I tend to live in the moment, and sometimes my parents and I argue about whether I should be more ambitious, given my skills and resources. However, we don’t often discuss it because our arguments tend to escalate.
- I wouldn’t describe myself as highly ambitious. My dreams include living comfortably with friends and family, but I don’t envision myself reaching for the stars or making a profound impact on the world. My aspirations are more focused on personal fulfillment and happiness.
Check my other blogs
Ian Tanpiuco is an ESL and virtual assistant. With a decade of experience, he has become an expert in his field. Dedicated to helping others achieve their goals, Ian works tirelessly in the classroom or as a virtual assistant.