IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Health
IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Health
- How do you keep healthy?
- What are your favorite sports?
- Are there health classes in your school?
- What sports help people stay healthy?
- Is it easy for people to exercise in your country?
- How do your parents encourage and help you to stay healthy?
1. How do you keep healthy?
- Besides having a balanced diet and engaging in regular exercise, I also practice meditation and ensure I get sufficient rest, especially during these busy times.
- In addition to maintaining a balanced diet and participating in regular exercise, I also practice meditation and make sure to get enough rest, especially during these busy times.
2. What are your favorite sports?
- I developed an interest in “Insert Name of Sport 1.” I did this sport as a child, and I grew fond of it. More recently, some of my friends introduced me to “Insert Name of Sport 2,” which I’ve come to enjoy.
- I’m quite into table tennis because it’s a great way to exercise and work up a sweat without too much running due to its fast pace. Another sport I enjoy is volleyball, and I got interested in it during my college years.
3. Are there health classes in your school?
- I’ve already graduated, but when I was in high school and primary school, we had PE and health classes, which were mandatory for us to complete and pass.
- As my major is <<INSERT COURSE>>, most of our subjects are related to science, so health classes are integrated but not directly. It takes more of a theoretical approach and explains the chemistry behind why people can get sick.
4. What sports help people stay healthy?
- Nearly all sports contribute to physical health, but if I had to pick, I’d mention table tennis, as it can make you sweat without requiring too much movement hence less physical injury. Additionally, chess is an excellent sport to keep your mind healthy.
5. Is it easy for people to exercise in your country?
- The availability of good exercise facilities is abundant in our country. However, in recent times, people have become busy with their schedules, and only a few have the luxury of dedicating time to exercise.
- While there is enough space to walk, we are currently leading a sedentary lifestyle. Most of us work or study for extended hours, leaving little time for exercise. We often choose to rest after work rather than dedicate additional minutes to exercise.
6. How do your parents encourage and help you to stay healthy?
- My parents are proactive in promoting my health. They ensure that I have a diet rich in fruits and vegetables, frequently remind me to avoid excessive consumption of soda and coffee, and emphasize the importance of not staying up late for my well-being.
- Since my parents live far from me, they regularly call me and inquire about my daily meals. They consistently remind me to avoid junk food. Fortunately, Korea offers a wide variety of healthy food options, so I don’t miss out on nutritious choices.
Check my other blogs
Ian Tanpiuco is an ESL and virtual assistant. With a decade of experience, he has become an expert in his field. Dedicated to helping others achieve their goals, Ian works tirelessly in the classroom or as a virtual assistant.